How is it July?
Cue the cliché "where has the summer gone?" remarks. But, honestly, it is rather shocking that I will have to return to school in roughly a month. Bleh.
That being said, this summer has been absolutely jam-packed, thus the lack of posts and limited social media presence. You would think I'd be the type of gal to want to photograph and upload all of my travelings and adventures in realtime, but the truth is, I'm not. I'd much rather enjoy the moment. It's a blessing and a curse. While drafting this post I became painfully aware of my paucity of photos and as such, I have vow to document my life a bit more.
Anyway.... here's the highlight reel and a little story for each.
1. My backyard. My happy place.
2. Ocean House @ Watch Hill, RI. One of the most amazing views I've ever seen. Epitome of the North East and an amazing beach spot. Check it out.
3. Mandolin Aegean Bistro @ Miami, FL. Scary good Greek/ Mediterranean food nestled on the outskirts of the Design District. Amazing sangria and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
4. Backyard views x2 @ Long Island, NY. Not too shabby eh?
5. My roomie/cousin/best friend and I doing what we do best, country clubbing.
6. Josie (my sister) and I created a cookie recipe that gives Tates a run for their money.
7. Moose, my 8 month old frenchie, accompanied me to Newport, RI where of course we visited the KJP store and he took home this goodie.
8. En route to dinner at Buccan @ PB, FL.
9. Loopy Doopy @ NYC. Exceedingly touristy spot, but the drinks are worth it. Boozy popsicles inside of Rosé. Yes please.
10. Castle Hill Inn @ Newport, RI. Beautiful historic inn overlooking Newport harbor. The landscaping is meticulous and service is unbeatable. Take a looksy.
11. Me in a very comfortable pair of Tods on the way to work @NYC.
12. Cousin Georgia and I at her beautiful graduation party. P.S. I got the Schutz denim platforms for $45.
13. Quite possibly the most delicious cocktail I have ever imbibed.
14. Cooke House @ Newport,RI. This restaurant brings you back in time to the gilded age in a rich port town. The food was amazing and the vibes were even better. Definitely visit.
15. Me and mine @ Lake Hartwell,SC.
16. An extremely chic neon sign in a closet of a restaurant @ While We Were Young NYC.